Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Ali Gholami

Default ia64 LiveCD boot problem on x86_64 machine

Hi,

I'm trying to install ia64 Gentoo on an Intel 2 core x86_64 machine with LiveCD but when I chose the CD drive as boot device it hangs on the screen. I checked the downloaded packages using md5sum and they seem ok. I tried the x86 LiveCD and it worked fine.

I wonder if anyone can give me some hints why ia64 LiveCD is not working on my machine.

best regards and thanks,
Ali

Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Hinnerk van Bruinehsen

Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Willie

If I am not mistaken the ia64 is for itanium processors. You want the amd64 arch.

--

Willie Matthews
matthews.willie@gmail.com