Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Silvio Siefke

Default /home on other partion move

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:03:33 +0300
Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@gmail.com> wrote:

> You cannot write to /home directly, only in your own /home/me home
> directory.

I have formated the new partion with gparted in ext4. Then have mount
the partion mount /dev/sda3 /home/siefke/ext, but with user rights i can
not write to the partion. When i use root then yes. Now i have mounted
the partion in fstab

UUID=9d9e53c3-c3b2-4b96-9958-c79c42e0d20f /home/siefke/ext ext4 defaults 1 1

The same, with user rights can not write.

Regards
Silvio

Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Michael Mol

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@web.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:03:33 +0300
> Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You cannot write to /home directly, only in your own /home/me home
>> directory.
>
> I have formated the new partion with gparted in ext4. Then have mount
> the partion mount /dev/sda3 /home/siefke/ext, but with user rights i can
> not write to the partion. When i use root then yes. Now i have mounted
> the partion in fstab
>
> UUID=9d9e53c3-c3b2-4b96-9958-c79c42e0d20f /home/siefke/ext ext4 defaults 1 1
>
> The same, with user rights can not write.

The root directory of the new filesystem is owned by root.

The only way I know to fix this would be to replace 'defaults' with
'user=siefke' on your fstab line.

--
:wq

Old 07-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Silvio Siefke

Hello,

all is done. Now the /home is in other Partion. Sometimes make self trouble
where is no trouble.

Thanks at all.

Regards
Silvio

Old 07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Montag, 16. Juli 2012, 19:20:55 schrieb Silvio Siefke:
> Hello,
>
> all is done. Now the /home is in other Partion. Sometimes make self trouble
> where is no trouble.
>

> Thanks at all.
>
> Regards
> Silvio

could have been so simple... just create partition, mount somewhere, cp -a,
clean /home, mount, fstab:
UUID=BLABLUB /home/ ext4 noatime,discard 0 0

done.
So easy that I can't even remember anything even easier. Maybe putting /tmp on
tmpfs... hm...

--
#163933

Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 PM