Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 AM
"Walter Dnes"

Default Auto(un)mount under mdev; release candidate

For those of you running mdev; I've had auto(un)mounting working and
stable on my machine for a few weeks now. The instructions are on
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev/Automount_USB and the script file on
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev/Automount_USB/automount These wiki
pages are still flagged as "a work in progress", and have not been
linked to from the main mdev page. While it seems to work fine on my
system, I'd like some testing by others before calling it finished.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>

Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 PM
"Walter Dnes"

One small change; I've simplified the local-user-unmounting script by
using "pumount" rather than "umount". "pumount" automatically restricts
itself to the /media directory, so the script doesn't have to check for
an attempted bypass with ".." in the path.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>