Old 07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default gentoo testing and ssd

I will be getting a new laptop with ssd (250GB).

I currently run ~amd64 and wonder if this is too much writing for the
flash.

I have adapted to and now enjoy gnome3. If I were forced to run stable
to limit compiles I would still use package.accept_keywords to permit
gnome3.

Any experiences with testing and ssd?

thanks,
allan

Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 2012-07-13 19:42, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
> I will be getting a new laptop with ssd (250GB).
>
> I currently run ~amd64 and wonder if this is too much writing for the
> flash.
>
> I have adapted to and now enjoy gnome3. If I were forced to run stable
> to limit compiles I would still use package.accept_keywords to permit
> gnome3.
>
> Any experiences with testing and ssd?

No problems with ~amd64 and gnome3 on SSD in my ThinkPad, for maybe 2yrs
already.

My main workstation was migrated back to a shiny new SSD yesterday, the
first SSD there was flaky ... (used one, cheap from the net, no warranty
...)

Stefan