Old 04-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

Default what 'hdparm -tT' is good for SATA HDD?

Hi!

I see, "good" tells nothing. I mean cases with most currently spreaded
HDDs on workstations. Say, with SAMSUNG HD401LJ I have ~3700 MB/sec and
~65 MB/sec. Is it "normal"/expected?

Andrew

Old 04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Dale

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

Hi!

I see, "good" tells nothing. I mean cases with most currently spreaded
HDDs on workstations. Say, with SAMSUNG HD401LJ I have ~3700 MB/sec and
~65 MB/sec. Is it "normal"/expected?

Andrew

I think for SATA needs this:

root@smoker / # eix sdparm
* sys-apps/sdparm
Available versions: 0.97 0.98 ~0.99 1.00 1.01 1.02
Homepage: http://sg.torque.net/sg/sdparm.html
SCSI device, like hdparm

root@smoker / #

I could be wrong tho.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

======= On Friday 11 April 2008, Dale wrote: =======
> Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I see, "good" tells nothing. I mean cases with most currently
> > spreaded HDDs on workstations. Say, with SAMSUNG HD401LJ I have
> > ~3700 MB/sec and ~65 MB/sec. Is it "normal"/expected?
> >

> > Andrew
>
> I think for SATA needs this:
>
> root@smoker / # eix sdparm
> * sys-apps/sdparm
> Available versions: 0.97 0.98 ~0.99 1.00 1.01 1.02
> Homepage: http://sg.torque.net/sg/sdparm.html
> a SCSI device, like hdparm
>
> root@smoker / #
>

> I could be wrong tho.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

I'm sure, 'sdparm' is not intended to be used by "ordinary" users: you
need to know every atom of your hardware protocols to use the tool :-)

Andrew

Old 04-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Freitag, 11. April 2008, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I see, "good" tells nothing. I mean cases with most currently spreaded
> HDDs on workstations. Say, with SAMSUNG HD401LJ I have ~3700 MB/sec and
> ~65 MB/sec. Is it "normal"/expected?

yes, its in the normal range. The first result is even pretty high,