Old 07-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Nilesh Govindrajan

Default Dropbox settings get erased on reboot

For some strange reason, dropbox asks me to setup my account again
after reboot, this doesn't happen on logout-login.
I'm using gnome3 and emerged nautilus-dropbox, dropbox & dropbox-cli.

This didn't used to happen when I was using dropbox under ~/.dropbox-dist.

Anybody facing this issue?

Old 07-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Michael Mol

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Nilesh Govindrajan
<contact@nileshgr.com> wrote:
> For some strange reason, dropbox asks me to setup my account again
> after reboot, this doesn't happen on logout-login.
> I'm using gnome3 and emerged nautilus-dropbox, dropbox & dropbox-cli.
>
> This didn't used to happen when I was using dropbox under ~/.dropbox-dist.
>
> Anybody facing this issue?

I'm not...but I'm also not running GNOME on this machine, or using
dropbox-cli here.

In my case, I'm using net-misc/dropbox 1.2.48-r1 on x11-wm/awesome

--
:wq

Old 07-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Nilesh Govindrajan

On Sun 08 Jul 2012 07:27:23 PM IST, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Nilesh Govindrajan
> <contact@nileshgr.com> wrote:
>> For some strange reason, dropbox asks me to setup my account again
>> after reboot, this doesn't happen on logout-login.
>> I'm using gnome3 and emerged nautilus-dropbox, dropbox & dropbox-cli.
>>
>> This didn't used to happen when I was using dropbox under ~/.dropbox-dist.
>>
>> Anybody facing this issue?
>
> I'm not...but I'm also not running GNOME on this machine, or using
> dropbox-cli here.
>
> In my case, I'm using net-misc/dropbox 1.2.48-r1 on x11-wm/awesome

There's some DAFUQ happening. I switched to dropbox's install method
w/o removing portage installed daemon, version is newer than portage,
so that confirms and it still got reset on reboot. Does this by any
chance related to me mounting /tmp & /var/tmp as tmpfs?

--
Nilesh Govindrajan
http://nileshgr.com