-   -   Gentoo Wiki test page? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/680845-gentoo-wiki-test-page.html)

"Walter Dnes" 07-06-2012 08:25 PM

Gentoo Wiki test page?

I've got USB devices automounting on mdev and I'd like to set up a
page on wiki.gentoo.org, describing the steps, and link to it from
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev Is there a way to play around on a
test page and import it to the final destination? Another option might
be to simply work on the new page, and not publicize the URL until it's
ready.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>

Alex Schuster 07-06-2012 11:29 PM

Gentoo Wiki test page?

Walter Dnes writes:

> I've got USB devices automounting on mdev and I'd like to set up a
> page on wiki.gentoo.org, describing the steps, and link to it from
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev Is there a way to play around on a
> test page and import it to the final destination? Another option might
> be to simply work on the new page, and not publicize the URL until it's
> ready.

You can use the sandbox as a playground:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_Wiki:Sandbox

Wonko

Sebastian Pipping 07-08-2012 05:45 PM

Gentoo Wiki test page?

On 07/06/2012 10:25 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
> Another option might be to simply work on the new page, and not
> publicize the URL until it's ready.

Either that or a page in your user space (or the user page itself).

Best,

Sebastian

Pandu Poluan 07-09-2012 12:25 AM

Gentoo Wiki test page?

On Jul 9, 2012 12:49 AM, "Sebastian Pipping" <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 07/06/2012 10:25 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:

> > Another option might be to simply work on the new page, and not

> > publicize the URL until it's ready.

> Either that or a page in your user space (or the user page itself).

+1 for the user name space suggestion.

By using your own sandbox, you can take your time polishing the page until it's fit for publication.

Rgds,