Old 07-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default Is it safe to change the start of the first partition?

Hi,

modern fdisk puts the first partition at block 63 while older version
have put it at block 1.

Now, I'm going to upgrade an older system.
Is it safe to repartition it by letting the first partition start 63
and shortening the first partition by 62 blocks?

(I will loose the first partition which doesn't matter in my case.)

Many thanks for sharing your experience,
Helmut.