Old 04-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Michael Sullivan

Default OT - Migrating to a new box 2: Users

I apologize for sending an email that was near 1MB; as I said this
morning, I was panicking. The problem seems to be fixed now. As for
the other users, how do I move them? Do I just copy over /etc/passwd
and /etc/shadow, or are there more files I need to move?

Old 04-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Freitag, 11. April 2008, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> I apologize for sending an email that was near 1MB; as I said this
> morning, I was panicking. The problem seems to be fixed now. As for
> the other users, how do I move them? Do I just copy over /etc/passwd
> and /etc/shadow, or are there more files I need to move?

/etc/group?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:52:37 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

> > I apologize for sending an email that was near 1MB; as I said this
> > morning, I was panicking. The problem seems to be fixed now. As for
> > the other users, how do I move them? Do I just copy over /etc/passwd
> > and /etc/shadow, or are there more files I need to move?
>
> /etc/group?

/etc/sudoers?

Are you already transferring the home directories?

--
Neil Bothwick