-   -   Rebooted and now I only see the word GRUB (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/678388-rebooted-now-i-only-see-word-grub.html)

Paul Hartman 06-29-2012 04:38 AM

Rebooted and now I only see the word GRUB

Hi,

Tonight I rebooted and only see the text "GRUB" followed by a blinking
cursor, never the grub menu. I'm using grub legacy and ~amd64. Of
course my recovery options depend on GRUB actually working, so I'm
downloading the latest gentoo minimal CD for now so I can hopefully
get in and see what's going wrong and fix it, or reinstall grub at
least.

Anyone run into this problem or have any idea what's causing it? I'm
not sure if GRUB 0.xx was updated recently, I don't remember seeing it
emerged...