Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default VMware Perl SDK

Anyone managed to install the

VMware-vSphere-Perl-SDK

on gentoo?

In my case: VMware-vSphere-Perl-SDK-5.0.0-422456.x86_64.tar.gz

I'd need it to monitor VMware ESX servers via Nagios/Icinga (some
special perl check script).

The tarball-installer looks for stuff like rpm etc ... more
ubuntu-centric, I assume ...even with a (fake) rpm emerged things don't
work out too well.

Before I start too much fiddling I wanted to ask you gentoo-users ...

Greets, Stefan