Old 06-27-2012, 04:43 AM
Valmor de Almeida

Default SOLVED wicd setup on a virtualbox gentoo guest

On 6/25/12 6:01 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:20:42 -0400, Valmor de Almeida wrote:

udev persistent rules strike again

The contents of /var/log/wicd/wicd.log below do indicate a mess up
with eth1 and eth0. Any idea on how to fix this?

Yep. All I needed to do was to change the wired interface from eth0 to
eth1 in the preferences of wicd-client -n and it works. So the
question is, why do I have eth1 and not eth0 and how do I set up eth0
instead? Is dhcpcd involved in this?

No, it's udev persistent rules. eth0 has already been assigned to a
different MAC address, so this one gets eth1.

Delete /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to go back to eth0.

Thanks. That did it.

--
Valmor