-   -   OT - glslideshow failing; don't know why (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/674311-ot-glslideshow-failing-dont-know-why.html)

Michael Sullivan 06-19-2012 12:32 AM

OT - glslideshow failing; don't know why

My screensaver is failing. I use a slideshow of a directory of
photographs. I use xfce with xscreensaver-5.15. The error says
something like "could not find <some font>, using fixed instead;
xscreensaver killed..." In the preview window of Main
Menu->Settings->Screensaver my photos are show correctly, but when I hit
the preview button, the screen goes black and that error message is
displayed in yellow. I cannot find that error anywhere in the log
files. Can anyone tell me where that error can be found, so that I can
provide more information hopefully forward resolving this problem?

The error message says "xscreensaver 0: child pid 32735 glslideshow
terminated with signal 11"

-Michael Sullivan-

Stroller 06-19-2012 02:27 PM

On 19 June 2012, at 01:32, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> My screensaver is failing. I use a slideshow of a directory of
> photographs. I use xfce with xscreensaver-5.15. The error says
> something like "could not find <some font>, using fixed instead;
> xscreensaver killed…"

grep your xfce config for <some font>.

`eselect fontconfig list | grep some`

`eix -C media-fonts`

This is the kind of stuff one should normally do *before* posting.

Stroller.