Old 05-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Joseph

Default xfce4 4.10 xsane and Application --> Run Program not working

I just upgraded to xfce4 4.10 but two program are not working:

1.) USB scanner, when I run xsane nothing is detected

"lsusb" is listed the scanner:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04b8:011b Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection 2400 Photo

in /etc/sane.d/epson2.conf
# epson2.conf
# USB
usb
net autodiscovery

So why is usb scanner not detected?

2.) Application --> Run Program
a windows pups up. When I type: nano 1.txt

Nothing happens.

--
Joseph

Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 AM
walt

On 05/29/2012 06:23 PM, Joseph wrote:

> 2.) Application --> Run Program a windows pups up. When I type: nano 1.txt
>
> Nothing happens.

Please be more specific about 'nothing'. Does nano just close immediately
with no error message? Does it hang forever until you hit ^C, or what?

What do you see if you type 'which nano'? What about 'echo $PATH'?

Old 05-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Joseph

2.) Application --> Run Program a windows pups up. When I type: nano 1.txt

Nothing happens.

Please be more specific about 'nothing'. Does nano just close immediately
with no error message? Does it hang forever until you hit ^C, or what?

What do you see if you type 'which nano'? What about 'echo $PATH'?

which nano gives me:
/usr/bin/nano

I can run nano from command line but when type nano + file name in "Run Program" it should open that file but it doesn't, no windows pops up.

--
Joseph

Old 05-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Joseph

I just upgraded to xfce4 4.10 but two program are not working:

1.) USB scanner, when I run xsane nothing is detected

"lsusb" is listed the scanner:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04b8:011b Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection 2400 Photo

in /etc/sane.d/epson2.conf
# epson2.conf
# USB
usb
net autodiscovery

When I try to run xsane it gives me:
"Supported devices are busy"

How do I find out which program was upgraded and related to "xsane"?

--
Joseph

Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Joseph

I just upgraded to xfce4 4.10 but two program are not working:

1.) USB scanner, when I run xsane nothing is detected

"lsusb" is listed the scanner:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04b8:011b Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection 2400 Photo

in /etc/sane.d/epson2.conf
# epson2.conf
# USB
usb
net autodiscovery

When I try to run xsane it gives me:
"Supported devices are busy"

How do I find out which program was upgraded and related to "xsane"?

When I run as root:
scanimage -L (it finds the scanner)
device `epson2:libusb:002:003' is a Epson GT-9300 flatbed scanner

when I run it as user:
scanimage -L

Any pointers why it can not detect scanner as user?

--
Joseph

Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 AM
Hinnerk van Bruinehsen