Old 05-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Ezequiel Garcia

Default Can't emerge any gcc

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found something strange.
> What should I have in /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu?
>
> Currently:
> $ ls
> bin *binutils-bin *gcc-bin *lib
>
> I may be missing sys-include dir? any of you have it?
>
> Perhaps I messed up stuff when playing with crossdev, and friends

Omit this last message!

I'm trying this: emerging gcc-4.7 on a stage3 chrooted environment.
Great idea, uh? If this works (it will) then there is *definitely* something
wrong with my system.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Alex Schuster

Ezequiel Garcia writes:

> I found something strange.
> What should I have in /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu?
>
> Currently:
> $ ls
> bin binutils-bin gcc-bin lib

Same here on ~amd64, except for an additional i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/
directory, containing broken symlinks only, which belongs to no package.

> I may be missing sys-include dir? any of you have it?

No, nowhere. Neither sys-include nor sysinclude.

> Perhaps I messed up stuff when playing with crossdev, and friends

I did that, too, maybe those broken symlinks are results from that? Now
I'm building i686 stuff in a chroot.

Wonko