Old 05-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Michael Sullivan

Default rile-roller having problems with deletions after upgrade to 3* series kernel

Each night (at midnight) I make backups of files that changed the
previous day, and on the first of the month I make full backups of
important directories (/home, /etc, etc etc). Each morning I do
maintenance on the partial backup from the day before. I've noticed
that since I upgraded to the 3* series kernel (at this moment it's
3.2.12) I've had problems with file-roller - I tell it to delete a
directory (something I consider nonessential like ~/.thumbnails) and I
says "Reading archive..." without actually deleting anything. I've
found that I can delete ten files at a time, which can be really
inconvenient when there are hundreds of nonessential files I need to
delete. I don't think it's tar - I can go into my terminal window and
delete all the files I want with tar and it works perfectly; it just
seems to be file-roller. Has anyone else experienced this?