Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Colleen Beamer

Default Thunderbird - Anyone else with this problem?

Hi,

Ever since the last time Thunderbird was updated when I synced, the
process does not die when I shut down Thunderbird. I have to kill it
before I can start up Thunderbird again. Is anyone else experiencing
this problem. Thought I would ask here before I complained to the
Mozilla folks.

Regards,

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Old 05-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Ignas Anikevicius

On 25/05/12 23:16, Colleen Beamer wrote:
> Hi,
Hello,

> Ever since the last time Thunderbird was updated when I synced, the
> process does not die when I shut down Thunderbird. I have to kill it
> before I can start up Thunderbird again. Is anyone else experiencing
> this problem. Thought I would ask here before I complained to the
> Mozilla folks.

Occasionally I get this, but I have not narrowed any causes down yet.
For example I have just tried it, but it worked perfectly. However, I
get sometimes 100% CPU usage and it has to do something with the IMAP
access of my mailboxes (I am using 2 at the moment if that makes any
difference).

Hope that helps,
Ignas A.

P.S. I am thinking more and more, that I should to switch to something
more lightweight... Maybe mutt or luamail... but it will have to
happen a bit later.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Willie Matthews

Whenever I have this problem I find that when I look at my Activity
Manager it is still trying to copy a sent message to the sent folder on
IMAP. That process just get stuck sometimes. Makes Thunderbird stay open.

--

Willie Matthews
matthews.willie@gmail.com

Old 05-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Michael Mol

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Willie Matthews
<matthews.willie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever I have this problem I find that when I look at my Activity
> Manager it is still trying to copy a sent message to the sent folder on
> IMAP. That process just get stuck sometimes. Makes Thunderbird stay open.

It sounds like a lot of people are having this problem. Filing a bug
report with a stack trace would probably help.

--
:wq

Old 05-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 05/26/2012 12:16 AM, Colleen Beamer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ever since the last time Thunderbird was updated when I synced, the
> process does not die when I shut down Thunderbird. I have to kill it
> before I can start up Thunderbird again. Is anyone else experiencing
> this problem.

Yes, same here.

> Thought I would ask here before I complained to the
> Mozilla folks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Colleen

Sebastian

Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Paul Hartman

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Colleen Beamer
<colleen.beamer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ever since the last time Thunderbird was updated when I synced, the
> process does not die when I shut down Thunderbird. *I have to kill it
> before I can start up Thunderbird again. *Is anyone else experiencing
> this problem. *Thought I would ask here before I complained to the
> Mozilla folks.

Maybe unrelated, but I experienced this off & on over the past
months/years when using Enigmail with Thunderbird.