Old 05-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Jakub Daniel

Default Epiphany freezes

Hello,
the following happens in other occasions but i am sure just about this:
every time i open facebook and enter anything into the search field and click any of the results epiphany freezes, then i can only force quit. I know this is not the best description but could anyone, please, suggest how to try to debug this?

thanksJakub

Old 05-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Paul Hartman

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jakub Daniel <jakub.daniel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the following happens in other occasions but i am sure just about this:
>
> every time i open facebook and enter anything into the search field and
> click any of the results epiphany freezes, then i can only force quit. I
> know this is not the best description but could anyone, please, suggest how
> to try to debug this?

I would try to disable all plugins. It could possibly be flash/gnash
or something having a problem.

I would also run it from an xterm so you can see if there are any
useful messages shown when the problem occurs.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Alex Schuster

Jakub Daniel writes:

> every time i open facebook and enter anything into the search field and
> click any of the results epiphany freezes, then i can only force quit. I
> know this is not the best description but could anyone, please, suggest
> how to try to debug this?

Does it also happen with another user who never used Epiphany before?
This way you can test whether it is affected by some of your settings.

Wonko

Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Jakub Daniel

It happens with other users two (i had the exact same problem on two different installations, early after clean install.) and i also run it from terminal and there are no msg right before it freezes.