-   -   Epiphany freezes (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/671068-epiphany-freezes.html)

Jakub Daniel 05-25-2012 05:55 PM

Epiphany freezes

Hello,
the following happens in other occasions but i am sure just about this:
every time i open facebook and enter anything into the search field and click any of the results epiphany freezes, then i can only force quit. I know this is not the best description but could anyone, please, suggest how to try to debug this?

thanksJakub

Paul Hartman 05-25-2012 06:12 PM

Epiphany freezes

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Jakub Daniel <jakub.daniel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the following happens in other occasions but i am sure just about this:
>
> every time i open facebook and enter anything into the search field and
> click any of the results epiphany freezes, then i can only force quit. I
> know this is not the best description but could anyone, please, suggest how
> to try to debug this?

I would try to disable all plugins. It could possibly be flash/gnash
or something having a problem.

I would also run it from an xterm so you can see if there are any
useful messages shown when the problem occurs.

Alex Schuster 05-25-2012 07:50 PM

Epiphany freezes

Jakub Daniel writes:

> every time i open facebook and enter anything into the search field and
> click any of the results epiphany freezes, then i can only force quit. I
> know this is not the best description but could anyone, please, suggest
> how to try to debug this?

Does it also happen with another user who never used Epiphany before?
This way you can test whether it is affected by some of your settings.

Wonko

Jakub Daniel 05-25-2012 11:23 PM

Epiphany freezes

It happens with other users two (i had the exact same problem on two different installations, early after clean install.) and i also run it from terminal and there are no msg right before it freezes.