Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Michael Mol

Default Thanks to the devs

I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining rationales
and reasoning behind changes that affect users.

I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.

Thank you for the work you guys do.

There. I said it. *Goes back to work*

[1] Perhaps they were already participating, and I didn't notice they were devs.

--
:wq

Old 05-23-2012, 11:42 PM
walt

On 05/23/2012 12:10 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
> I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
> devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining rationales
> and reasoning behind changes that affect users.
>
> I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
>
> Thank you for the work you guys do.

I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.

(Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very inappropriate

Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:42:15 -0700
walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/23/2012 12:10 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
> > I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
> > devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining rationales
> > and reasoning behind changes that affect users.
> >
> > I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
> >
> > Thank you for the work you guys do.
>
> I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.
>
> (Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very inappropriate

But then you'd be excluding gregkh and *that* would be very
inappropriate ;-)

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 05-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Chris Stankevitz

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.

I'm not sure who the devs are (perhaps Hans), but thank you to all for
your patient help with my Ruby questions. It's not often that you get
people politely answering questions from the laypeople.

Chris

Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 AM

On Thu, 24 May 2012 02:03:07 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:42:15 -0700
> walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 05/23/2012 12:10 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
> > > I've noticed a lot of overt participation on this list by gentoo
> > > devs[1], especially in scenarios where they're explaining
> > > rationales and reasoning behind changes that affect users.
> > >
> > > I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
> > >
> > > Thank you for the work you guys do.
> >
> > I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.

Another me too.

> > (Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very
> > inappropriate
>
> But then you'd be excluding gregkh and *that* would be very
> inappropriate ;-)

Is gregkh still a SUSE dev? I thought he now works for Linux
Foundation (since February).

Kerwin.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 AM
"Walter Dnes"

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 03:10:25PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote

> I'd just like to say thank you for the work you guys do.
>
> Thank you for the work you guys do.
>
> There. I said it. *Goes back to work*

Me too. They answered my questions as I stumbled along replacing udev
with mdev. And they even accepted a feature request from me to include
busybox[mdev] as an option in virtual/dev-manager...

$ grep Walter /usr/portage/virtual/dev-manager/ChangeLog
Add busybox[mdev] as a provider #395319 by Walter Dnes.

Thank you again.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>

Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Thu, 24 May 2012 13:16:51 +0800
kwkhui@hkbn.net wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2012 02:03:07 +0200
> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:42:15 -0700
> > walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I posted the same, but a long time ago, so I'll add a mee too.
>
> Another me too.
>
> > > (Thanking the suse devs here would of course be very
> > > inappropriate
> >
> > But then you'd be excluding gregkh and *that* would be very
> > inappropriate ;-)
>
> Is gregkh still a SUSE dev? I thought he now works for Linux
> Foundation (since February).

He did mention on his blog at the time he wanted to continue working on
SuSE and Gentoo kernels. As for what he is actually doing these day, I
don't know

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com