Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Grant

Default desktop colors and widgets are weird after update

I just updated about a week's worth of stuff including an xfce4
update. After rebooting, my desktop colors and widgets are all kinda
weird. I've seen this sort of thing before but I'm not sure what
causes it. qt stuff acts like this sometimes until I do some sort of
a qt config, but this is just about everything including firefox and
chromium. Is that enough info to point me in the right direction?

- Grant

Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Tue, 22 May 2012 11:59:48 -0700
Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just updated about a week's worth of stuff including an xfce4
> update. After rebooting, my desktop colors and widgets are all kinda
> weird. I've seen this sort of thing before but I'm not sure what
> causes it. qt stuff acts like this sometimes until I do some sort of
> a qt config, but this is just about everything including firefox and
> chromium. Is that enough info to point me in the right direction?

No, not enough info.

I suggest posting everything that got updated (using genlop) and a good
description of how stuff on the scrren is weird. Sounds like a
screenshot posting is very justified too.

First gut feel tells me it won't be Qt as firefox doesn't use it.

Drivers maybe? Xorg itself?

Is there anything in your elogs about steps to take with anything
related to X?

Does an X restart (or even a reboot) affect it at all?

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Philip Webb

120522 Grant wrote:
> I just updated about a week's worth of stuff including an xfce4 update.
> my desktop colors and widgets are all kinda weird.
> this is just about everything including firefox chromium.

1st suggestion is to look at Xfce settings :
a lot of changes have been reported in 4.10 .
I use Fluxbox, but have used Xfce4 in the past
& it sb ok once you get the latest version properly configured.
I updated to Qt 4.8.1 recently & haven't had any problems there.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb

Old 05-23-2012, 06:07 AM
Grant

>> I just updated about a week's worth of stuff including an xfce4 update.
>> my desktop colors and widgets are all kinda weird.
>> this is just about everything including firefox chromium.
>
> 1st suggestion is to look at Xfce settings :
> a lot of changes have been reported in 4.10 .
> I use Fluxbox, but have used Xfce4 in the past
> & it sb ok once you get the latest version properly configured.
> I updated to Qt 4.8.1 recently & haven't had any problems there.

Thanks, it was the xfce4 "Appearance" setting. Sorry for the vague description.

- Grant