Old 05-22-2012, 03:52 AM
Chris Stankevitz

Default Understanding new ruby dependencies

Hello,

Today during an emerge -Dauvt world, portage asked me to update a
bunch of Ruby USE flags and install a bunch of new RUBY projects.
Here is a snippet:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=PK8ubZeB

Normally I just give portage the green light to install whatever it
wants, but the USE change request caught my eye.

Question: Is is true that the RUBY dependencies listed in the above
paste link are entirely due to adding documentation support
(specifically rdoc)? If so, can I tell portage to not install the
rdoc stuff? I have USE=-doc already.

Thank you,

Chris