Old 05-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Andrew Lowe

Default ogg/mp3 volume

Hi all,
Is there a way to change the "volume" of a mp3/vorbis track? By volume,
I'm referring to lining up several tracks on your
computer/phone/tablet/thingy, setting the one volume level and then
letting them play. For example, the first track will be quiet, of all
ironies my Led Zeppelin tracks are all like this, the next track will be
loud, the next track "in the middle", in other words it's Goldilocks and
the three bears with audio tracks.

Is there a way I can either during the ripping process, or subsequently
in a post-processing, make the "average" volume of all my tracks the same?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,

Andrew

Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Willie Matthews

On 05/19/12 04:54, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there a way to change the "volume" of a mp3/vorbis track? By
> volume, I'm referring to lining up several tracks on your
> computer/phone/tablet/thingy, setting the one volume level and then
> letting them play. For example, the first track will be quiet, of all
> ironies my Led Zeppelin tracks are all like this, the next track will
> be loud, the next track "in the middle", in other words it's
> Goldilocks and the three bears with audio tracks.
>
> Is there a way I can either during the ripping process, or
> subsequently in a post-processing, make the "average" volume of all my
> tracks the same?
>
> Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
>
> Andrew

There is a program out there called "normalize". Best practice is to do
it while you are ripping the CD.

--

Willie Matthews
matthews.willie@gmail.com