Old 05-18-2012, 05:32 PM

Default Outgoing emails don't seem to be encrypted with TLS through

postfix
All of my incoming emails are coming through postfix, eg that last email
left this beauty in the log:
postfix/smtpd[13698]: Anonymous TLS connection established from pigeon.gentoo.org[208.92.234.80]: TLSv1 with cipher AECDH-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)

I'm a bit lost as to how to get my mails to *send* encrypted though.

Is there a setting in main.cf that I'm missing?

Thank you!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Michael Orlitzky

On 05/18/12 13:32, napalm@squareownz.org wrote:
> postfix Reply-To:
>
> All of my incoming emails are coming through postfix, eg that last
> email left this beauty in the log: postfix/smtpd[13698]: Anonymous
> TLS connection established from pigeon.gentoo.org[208.92.234.80]:
> TLSv1 with cipher AECDH-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)
>
> I'm a bit lost as to how to get my mails to *send* encrypted though.
>
> Is there a setting in main.cf that I'm missing?
>
> Thank you!

The "smtp" one is for outgoing, while "smtpd" is incoming:

smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_tls_security_level = may

But they'll only work with other servers that support it.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 01:54:07PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 05/18/12 13:32, napalm@squareownz.org wrote:
> > postfix Reply-To:
> >
> > All of my incoming emails are coming through postfix, eg that last
> > email left this beauty in the log: postfix/smtpd[13698]: Anonymous
> > TLS connection established from pigeon.gentoo.org[208.92.234.80]:
> > TLSv1 with cipher AECDH-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)
> >
> > I'm a bit lost as to how to get my mails to *send* encrypted though.
> >
> > Is there a setting in main.cf that I'm missing?
> >
> > Thank you!
>
> The "smtp" one is for outgoing, while "smtpd" is incoming:
>
> smtp_tls_security_level = may
> smtpd_tls_security_level = may
>
> But they'll only work with other servers that support it.

Thanks for the fast response, was exactly what I was looking for!
Much love and have a wonderful weekend!
<3