Old 05-17-2012, 03:58 AM
Dale

Default Listing the files of an un-/installed package...?

meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I list all files of packages which is
>
> installed
>
> and which is
>
> not installed
>
> which uninstalling / installing the package in beforehand?
>

> Thankl you very much in advance for any help!
>
> Best regards,
> mcc

For installed packages, these two should work:

equery f <package name>

qlist <package name>

Not installed, not sure how to do that. You might could look it up on
this site:

http://www.portagefilelist.de/site/query/listPackageFiles

Depending on USE flags and such, that could vary a bit I guess.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-) :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Old 05-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Stroller

On 17 May 2012, at 04:19, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> how can I list all files of packages which is
>
> installed

eix -I --only-names > installed.txt

> and which is
>
> not installed

eix --only-names > all_packages.txt

diff installed.txt all_packages.txt | grep --exercise --left --to --the --reader

Stroller.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:13 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2012, 05:19:21 schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:
> Hi,
>
> how can I list all files of packages which is
>
> installed

cat /var/db/pkg/[CATEGORY]/[PACKAGE]/CONTENTS

> and which is
>
> not installed

not possible. How can anybody know beforehand? with useflags and all?
maybe somebody listed it somewhere. If you are lucky.

--
#163933

Old 05-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Matthias Hanft

Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

not possible. How can anybody know beforehand? with useflags and all?

At least, "equery uses <package>" *does* work with uninstalled packages.
(However, "equery files <package>" does not.)

-Matt

Old 05-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sat, 19 May 2012 17:11:20 +0200
Matthias Hanft <mh@hanft.de> wrote:

> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> >
> > not possible. How can anybody know beforehand? with useflags and
> > all?
>
> At least, "equery uses <package>" *does* work with uninstalled
> packages. (However, "equery files <package>" does not.)

You've answered a different question to that asked.

"equery uses" lists the USE flags of an ebuild and that info is in the
ebuild".

"equery files" lists the file installed after the ebuild is merged. that
info is not in the ebuild.

These two things are very different.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon@gmail.com

Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Samstag, 19. Mai 2012, 17:11:20 schrieb Matthias Hanft:
> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > not possible. How can anybody know beforehand? with useflags and all?
>
> At least, "equery uses <package>" *does* work with uninstalled packages.

because you just need to look at the useflags and ?DEPEND to figure that out.

> (However, "equery files <package>" does not.)

obviously.

--
#163933

Old 05-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Jesús J. Guerrero Botella

There's no way to know the files for a non-installed package. Ebuilds are NOT packages. The files are generated at build time, and vary dependind on the package, version, config options, arch, deps, and a large etc, including missalignment of the planets and othes essoteric variables.

---

Jesús Guerrero Botella