Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default depclean asking to remove *many* perl

A recent world update followed by depclean resulted in a request to
remove nearly 30 dev-perl packages (plus an old boost).

I don't use perl, but wonder what triggered this change. I have not
changed any use flags.

My inclination is to let depclean have its way, but wanted to check here
first in case this looks suspicious to anyone.

thanks,
allan

>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:

app-text/libspectre
selected: 0.2.6
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/Module-Install
selected: 1.60.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-libs/boost
selected: 1.48.0-r2
protected: none
omitted: 1.49.0-r1

dev-perl/PAR-Dist
selected: 0.480.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/File-Remove
selected: 1.520.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/YAML-Tiny
selected: 1.510.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/JSON
selected: 2.530.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/Module-ScanDeps
selected: 1.80.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-util/boost-build
selected: 1.48.0-r1
protected: none
omitted: 1.49.0

dev-perl/LWP-Protocol-https
selected: 6.30.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/libwww-perl
selected: 6.40.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/WWW-RobotRules
selected: 6.10.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/HTTP-Cookies
selected: 6.0.1
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/HTTP-Daemon
selected: 6.10.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/HTTP-Negotiate
selected: 6.0.1
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/File-Listing
selected: 6.40.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/Net-HTTP
selected: 6.30.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/HTTP-Message
selected: 6.30.0
protected: none
omitted: none

virtual/perl-Encode
selected: 2.440.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/Encode-Locale
selected: 1.30.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/HTML-Parser
selected: 3.690.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/LWP-MediaTypes
selected: 6.20.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/URI
selected: 1.600.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/HTTP-Date
selected: 6.20.0
protected: none
omitted: none

dev-perl/HTML-Tagset
selected: 3.200.0
protected: none
omitted: none

perl-core/Encode
selected: 2.440.0
protected: none
omitted: none

virtual/perl-Time-Local
selected: 1.200.0-r1
protected: none
omitted: none

perl-core/Time-Local
selected: 1.200.0
protected: none
omitted: none

Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

A recent world update followed by depclean resulted in a request to
remove nearly 30 dev-perl packages (plus an old boost).

I don't use perl, but wonder what triggered this change. I have not
changed any use flags.

My inclination is to let depclean have its way, but wanted to check here
first in case this looks suspicious to anyone.

Something dropped the perl dependency. Same results here. I let it
remove it and there were no problems.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Allan Gottlieb

On Fri, May 11 2012, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> On 11/05/12 17:39, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
>> A recent world update followed by depclean resulted in a request to
>> remove nearly 30 dev-perl packages (plus an old boost).
>>
>> I don't use perl, but wonder what triggered this change. I have not
>> changed any use flags.
>>
>> My inclination is to let depclean have its way, but wanted to check here
>> first in case this looks suspicious to anyone.
>
> Something dropped the perl dependency. Same results here. I let it
> remove it and there were no problems.

Thank you.

That was my conclusion as well. I am letting depclean go as I type
this.

allan