-   -   Missing perl File-FcntlLock / debhelper (dh_gencontrol) fails (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/664853-missing-perl-file-fcntllock-debhelper-dh_gencontrol-fails.html)

Hans Müller 05-09-2012 06:59 PM

Missing perl File-FcntlLock / debhelper (dh_gencontrol) fails

Hello,

after some time I have to rebuild some debian packages using the debhelper
scripts and recognized the following error:

'dh_gencontrol' fails with missing File/FcntlLock.pm:

$> dpkg-buildpackage -b -d
dh_gencontrol
Can't locate File/FcntlLock.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.12.4/x86_64-linux
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.12.4 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.4/x86_64-
linux /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.4 /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.12.4/x86_64-linux
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.12.4 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/bin/dpkg-
gencontrol line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/dpkg-gencontrol line 24.
dh_gencontrol: dpkg-gencontrol -ldebian/changelog -Tdebian/modules-xen-
domu.substvars -Pdebian/modules-xen-domu returned exit code 2
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status
2

There were no changes done within the debian rules or similar, just the
packages sources have been updated - these rules worked fine in the past.

I can also confirm that everything workes fine again after manually installing
the CPAN 'File-FcntlLock' package from
http://search.cpan.org/~jtt/File-FcntlLock-0.12/

I don't understand why the File-FcntlLock package is not provided by portage
(at least I didn't find any corresponding package) - it looks like it has been
removed from portage tree (as the problem did not occur in the past - even
though I could not find any entry regarding an uninstall in emerge.log either).

I tried to solve the problem by running
- emerge -vu --deep --newuse @world
- revdep-rebuild
- emerge --oneshot dev-lang/perl
- perl-cleaner --all
- perl-cleaner --allmodules --libperl --phupdate

There's still no File/FcntlLock.pm.

Which portage package or missing USE flag should provide this CPAN package?
Is it obsolete and should be replaced by something else? Then it would be a
bug in debhelpers dependencies ...

dev-lang/perl & dev-util/debhelper are both current stable versions,
installing latest unstable dev-util/debhelper makes no difference.

Thanks a lot & best regards
Hans

Stroller 05-09-2012 10:18 PM

On 9 May 2012, at 19:59, Hans Müller wrote:
> after some time I have to rebuild some debian packages using the debhelper
> scripts and recognized the following error:
>
> 'dh_gencontrol' fails with missing File/FcntlLock.pm:
>
> $> dpkg-buildpackage -b -d
> dh_gencontrol
> Can't locate File/FcntlLock.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
>
> I don't understand why the File-FcntlLock package is not provided by portage
> (at least I didn't find any corresponding package) - it looks like it has been
> removed from portage tree (as the problem did not occur in the past - even
> though I could not find any entry regarding an uninstall in emerge.log either).

Have you upgraded dev-util/debhelper recently?
Since you last used `dh_gencontrol`, at least?

I'll bet this is a new dependency of the debhelper scripts, not something else removed from Portage.

File a bug.

Stroller.