Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Grant Edwards

Default Recommend a tftp server that works?

Can somebody recommend a tftp server that works?

I've got atftp installed and have been using the client for some time
(after fixing a number of bugs).

But, the atftpd server just plain refuses to do anything other than
print out the help text and exit. It doesn't matter what options you
specify or what root directory you give, it just prints the help text
and exits. No error messages, just the help text and you're done.

After having worked with the atftp client code, I have no desire to
wade into the server code to try to fix it as well.

But, when I try to install one of the other tftp servers, emerge
refuses. How to I tell emerge to go ahead and install, for example,
netkit-tftp even though atftp is already installed?

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Four thousand
at different MAGNATES, MOGULS