-   -   Send events to ACPI via dbus as a simple user? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/662865-send-events-acpi-via-dbus-simple-user.html)

Ignas Anikevicius 05-03-2012 10:31 PM

Send events to ACPI via dbus as a simple user?

Hello list,

I was wondering if anybody could help me on this.

Is it possible to send events to the acpid daemon via dbus? What I want
to do is to write some scripts, which would be executed by a window
manager in X and then would trigger some event in acpid (e.g. suspend or
other root requiring things).

Thanks in advance,
Ignas

Neil Bothwick 05-03-2012 10:52 PM

On Thu, 03 May 2012 23:31:21 +0100, Ignas Anikevicius wrote:

> Is it possible to send events to the acpid daemon via dbus? What I want
> to do is to write some scripts, which would be executed by a window
> manager in X and then would trigger some event in acpid (e.g. suspend or
> other root requiring things).

There doesn't appear to be a connection for acpi, at least "qdbus | grep
-i acpi" returns nothing. Could you add a line to /etc/sudoers to allow
your script, or the command it needs, to be run as root without a
password?

--
Neil Bothwick

Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?