Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Michael Mol

Default Backscatter and nikko

Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.

--
:wq

Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
> backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
> I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.

Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...

Old 05-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Michael Hampicke

Am 03.05.2012 18:08, schrieb Paul Hartman:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
>> backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
>> I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.
>
> Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...

Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
something to do with free cupcakes

Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Dale

Michael Hampicke wrote:

> Am 03.05.2012 18:08, schrieb Paul Hartman:
>> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
>>> backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
>>> I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.
>>
>> Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...
>>
> Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
> something to do with free cupcakes

Me too. Just one so far. What is causing this? Is it Gentoo's servers
or someone else?

Dale

:-) :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Old 05-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Michael Mol

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Hampicke wrote:

>>> Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...
>>>
>> Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
>> something to do with free cupcakes
>>

> Me too. *Just one so far. *What is causing this? *Is it Gentoo's servers
> or someone else?

Looks like a misconfiguration on Nikko's internal mailservers.
--
:wq

Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2012, 16:36:14 schrieb Michael Mol:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Michael Hampicke wrote:

> >> Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
> >> something to do with free cupcakes
> >
> > Me too. Just one so far. What is causing this? Is it Gentoo's servers
> > or someone else?
>
> Looks like a misconfiguration on Nikko's internal mailservers.

jopp, Mr Nikko fucked up and we all get to know about it.

There are many good reasons not to set up your own mail servers. He is just
demonstrating one of them.

--
#163933

Old 05-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Markos Chandras

On 05/03/2012 10:03 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2012, 16:36:14 schrieb Michael Mol:

>>> Me too. Just one so far. What is causing this? Is it Gentoo's servers
>>> or someone else?
>>
>> Looks like a misconfiguration on Nikko's internal mailservers.
>
> jopp, Mr Nikko fucked up and we all get to know about it.
>
> There are many good reasons not to set up your own mail servers. He is just
> demonstrating one of them.

I reported that to our infrastructure team. They are going to have a
look at it