-   -   Backscatter and nikko (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/662733-backscatter-nikko.html)

Michael Mol 05-03-2012 04:00 PM

Backscatter and nikko

Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.

--
:wq

Paul Hartman 05-03-2012 04:08 PM

Backscatter and nikko

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
> backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
> I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.

Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...

Michael Hampicke 05-03-2012 04:30 PM

Backscatter and nikko

Am 03.05.2012 18:08, schrieb Paul Hartman:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
>> backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
>> I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.
>
> Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...

Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
something to do with free cupcakes :)

Dale 05-03-2012 08:29 PM

Backscatter and nikko

Michael Hampicke wrote:

> Am 03.05.2012 18:08, schrieb Paul Hartman:
>> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is anyone else getting a large amount of gentoo-user-related
>>> backscatter from a set of mailservers including nikko.homeunix.net?
>>> I've gotten eight in the last five minutes or so.
>>
>> Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...
>>
> Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
> something to do with free cupcakes :)

Me too. Just one so far. What is causing this? Is it Gentoo's servers
or someone else?

Dale

:-) :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Michael Mol 05-03-2012 08:36 PM

Backscatter and nikko

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Hampicke wrote:

>>> Yes. One for everything I've posted to the list recently...
>>>
>> Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
>> something to do with free cupcakes :)
>>

> Me too. *Just one so far. *What is causing this? *Is it Gentoo's servers
> or someone else?

Looks like a misconfiguration on Nikko's internal mailservers.
--
:wq

Volker Armin Hemmann 05-03-2012 09:03 PM

Backscatter and nikko

Am Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2012, 16:36:14 schrieb Michael Mol:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Michael Hampicke wrote:

> >> Yes, they are starting to build a line here too. I'm assuming it has
> >> something to do with free cupcakes :)
> >
> > Me too. Just one so far. What is causing this? Is it Gentoo's servers
> > or someone else?
>
> Looks like a misconfiguration on Nikko's internal mailservers.

jopp, Mr Nikko fucked up and we all get to know about it.

There are many good reasons not to set up your own mail servers. He is just
demonstrating one of them.

--
#163933

Markos Chandras 05-07-2012 05:10 PM

Backscatter and nikko

On 05/03/2012 10:03 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2012, 16:36:14 schrieb Michael Mol:

>>> Me too. Just one so far. What is causing this? Is it Gentoo's servers
>>> or someone else?
>>
>> Looks like a misconfiguration on Nikko's internal mailservers.
>
> jopp, Mr Nikko fucked up and we all get to know about it.
>
> There are many good reasons not to set up your own mail servers. He is just
> demonstrating one of them.

I reported that to our infrastructure team. They are going to have a
look at it