Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Alan Mackenzie

Default Using a USB printer in an mdev system.

Hi, Gentoo.

In an mdev system, getting USB device nodes working well enough to
support USB printers is tricky.

I have just added a section to the mdev wiki page
(http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev) explaining how to do this. Apologies
for any misuse of wiki markup (at which I'm a beginner).

Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM
pk

On 2012-05-01 13:48, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> In an mdev system, getting USB device nodes working well enough to
> support USB printers is tricky.
>
> I have just added a section to the mdev wiki page
> (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev) explaining how to do this. Apologies
> for any misuse of wiki markup (at which I'm a beginner).

Cool! Thanks for doing this!

Best regards

Peter K