FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-29-2012, 04:19 PM
"AleiPhoenix (A.K.A Areverie)"
 
Default How to check what cause a use flag

Hi, allRecently when I'm trying sync and upgrade the whole system with
emerge -DNnav --with-bdeps=y @system @world
I've got erlang with wxwidgets use flag. On my another gentoo box, uprading erlang didn't build with this flag.

emerge --info shows my final use flag DOES have wxwidgets (while another box doesn't have). So how can I find out what cause this?
Or should I provide more info ?

Thanks.

--
Silence is gold.

twitter: @areverie
wikipedia: AleiPhoenix
blog: weblog.areverie.org
wiki: wiki.areverie.org
 
Old 04-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Mark Knecht
 
Default How to check what cause a use flag

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:19 AM, AleiPhoenix (A.K.A Areverie)
<aleiphoenix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
> Recently when I'm trying sync and upgrade the whole system with
>
> emerge -DNnav --with-bdeps=y @system @world
>
> I've got erlang with wxwidgets use flag. On my another gentoo box, uprading
> erlang didn't build with this flag.
>
> emerge --info shows my final use flag DOES have wxwidgets (while another box
> doesn't have). So how can I find out what cause this?
>
> Or should I provide more info ?
> Thanks.
>

Generally speaking, for flags look in

/etc/make.conf
/etc/portage/package.use

To look at what packages have a certain flag give equery a try:

equery hasuse wxwidgets

and then

eix package

to loo at the use flag settings

HTH,
Mark
 
Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Alex Schuster
 
Default How to check what cause a use flag

AleiPhoenix (A.K.A Areverie) writes:

> Hi, all
> Recently when I'm trying sync and upgrade the whole system with
>
> emerge -DNnav --with-bdeps=y @system @world
>
> I've got erlang with wxwidgets use flag. On my another gentoo box,
> uprading erlang didn't build with this flag.
>
> emerge --info shows my final use flag DOES have wxwidgets (while another
> box doesn't have). So how can I find out what cause this?

I assume grep wxwidgets /etc/make.conf does not give anything on both
machines. But does eselect profile list show different profiles?

/usr/portage/profiles/ChangeLog has this entry:

16 Apr 2012; Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org>
targets/desktop/make.defaults: Enable wxwidgets by default as discussed in
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_fdc392cc98c7eea216175521d87b9955.xml

Wonko
 
Old 04-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Mark Knecht
 
Default How to check what cause a use flag

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:
> AleiPhoenix (A.K.A Areverie) writes:
>
>> Hi, all
>> Recently when I'm trying sync and upgrade the whole system with
>>
>> emerge -DNnav --with-bdeps=y @system @world
>>
>> I've got erlang with wxwidgets use flag. On my another gentoo box,
>> uprading erlang didn't build with this flag.
>>
>> emerge --info shows my final use flag DOES have wxwidgets (while another
>> box doesn't have). So how can I find out what cause this?
>
> I assume grep wxwidgets /etc/make.conf does not give anything on both
> machines. But does eselect profile list show different profiles?
>
> /usr/portage/profiles/ChangeLog has this entry:
>
> 16 Apr 2012; Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org>
> targets/desktop/make.defaults: Enable wxwidgets by default as discussed in
> http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_fdc392cc98c7eea216175521d87b9955.xml
>
> * * * *Wonko
>

Excellent point about the profile. I hadn't considered that as I
hardly think about them.

profile first, then make.conf, then package.use I guess.

- Mark
 
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
"AleiPhoenix (A.K.A Areverie)"
 
Default How to check what cause a use flag

You got me. It's the profile make this happen.

This virtual machine box profile is set to desktop (can't remember when) and my another box is set to server.

Anyway, thanks guys, problem solved.



On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:


On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko@wonkology.org> wrote:

> AleiPhoenix (A.K.A Areverie) writes:

>

>> Hi, all

>> Recently when I'm trying sync and upgrade the whole system with

>>

>> emerge -DNnav --with-bdeps=y @system @world

>>

>> I've got erlang with wxwidgets use flag. On my another gentoo box,

>> uprading erlang didn't build with this flag.

>>

>> emerge --info shows my final use flag DOES have wxwidgets (while another

>> box doesn't have). So how can I find out what cause this?

>

> I assume grep wxwidgets /etc/make.conf does not give anything on both

> machines. But does eselect profile list show different profiles?

>

> /usr/portage/profiles/ChangeLog has this entry:

>

> 16 Apr 2012; Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org>

> targets/desktop/make.defaults: Enable wxwidgets by default as discussed in

> http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_fdc392cc98c7eea216175521d87b9955.xml

>

> * * * *Wonko

>



Excellent point about the profile. I hadn't considered that as I

hardly think about them.



profile first, then make.conf, then package.use I guess.



- Mark





--
Silence is gold.

twitter: @areverie
wikipedia: AleiPhoenix
blog: weblog.areverie.org


wiki: wiki.areverie.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org