Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Alex Schuster

Default per-package CFLAGS?

Doug Hunley writes:

> Am I understanding the docs correctly in that I can use
> /etc/portage/package.env to set per-package CFLAGS?

Yes, and it's quite easy. Here is mine:

app-emulation/virtualbox safecflags.conf j1.conf
app-office/libreoffice notmpfs.conf
dev-lang/R j1.conf
games-fps/alienarena notmpfs.conf
games-fps/worldofpadman notmpfs.conf
games-puzzle/pingus safecflags.conf
games-sports/vdrift notmpfs.conf
mail-client/thunderbird notmpfs.conf
sys-boot/grub grub.conf
sys-libs/glibc nosandbox.conf
www-client/firefox notmpfs.conf

These *.conf files are located in /etc/portage/env/, and they are just
shell scripts sourced by emerge. For example, j1.conf simply has the line
'MAKEOPTS=-j1' in it, this disables parallel makes for some packages
where I had trouble with it. Similarly, notmpfs.conf has
'PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/var/portage/tmp', while my normal PORTAGE_TMPDIR is on
tmpfs. 5G sometimes is not enough for the big packages. grub.conf has
'export DONT_MOUNT_BOOT=foo', this disables mounting the /boot directory
and doing stuff there when emerging it again. I already forgot about this
one. And nosandbox.conf has 'FEATURES=-usersandbox', as recent glibc does
not build here with this setting.

Any finally my savecflags.conf:
CFLAGS="-pipe -march=amdfam10 -O2"
CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS

Wonko

Old 04-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Doug Hunley

awesome, thanks!

Now I don't have to worry about graphite killing R or ppl anymore

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@gmail.com)
Twitter: @hunleyd * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Web: