Old 04-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Seong-ho Cho

Default I've met strange message when i execute vim

meow@darkcircle ~/xfce-ko $ vi xfdesktop.master.ko.po

** (process:15449): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype
'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:15449): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype
'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:15449): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype
'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

when I execute vim as above, I've met some messages like that.

what does above mean? how can I solve that problem?

I did damn googling but I didn't find why that message shown.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Stroller

On 21 April 2012, at 15:32, Seong-ho Cho wrote:

> meow@darkcircle ~/xfce-ko $ vi xfdesktop.master.ko.po
>
> ** (process:15449): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype
> 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
>
> ** (process:15449): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype
> 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
>
> ** (process:15449): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype
> 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
>

> when I execute vim as above, I've met some messages like that.
>
> what does above mean? how can I solve that problem?
>
> I did damn googling but I didn't find why that message shown.

I find at least 3 bugs when I google that message.

They're Ubuntu bugs, they don't refer to vim, but they make some sense to me.

Am I right in thinking that vim does work and allow you to edit this file after showing these messages?

Stroller.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Seong-ho Cho

Yes. I can edit text file after these messages.
Your thinking is so exact !!

Old 04-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Robert David

Hi,

do you have clean environmet, eg: revdep-rebuild ??

What kind of terminal you using? Because vim does not use glib, as I
know. Try to run the same in xterm or other terminal.

Robert.

V Sun, 22 Apr 2012 02:58:44 +0900
Seong-ho Cho <darkcircle.0426@gmail.com> napsáno:

Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Robert David

Hmm, I dont know glib so much, so I cant say.

What is the process 635 here? Is it the vim or not?
Paste the output "ldd vim".

Robert.

V Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:38:31 +0900

Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Robert David

Try to reemerge vim without python support.

Do you use any python scripts in vim? If no just dont use python flag
for vim, if it solve the problem. But it is strange, really seems
something with pygtk, but dont know.

Maybe try to run python-updater.

Robert.

V Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:31:27 +0900