Old 04-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Philip Webb

Default new mobo : Eth0 recovered

Thanks again for the help : I'm now back in my 2007 machine
& able to send e-mails. You actually have to remove the offensive file
from the dir, not simply rename it to 'xx70xx...' !
Between Intel & Udev, I'm feeling somewhat abused today,
but Gentoo User mailing-list came thro' yet again :
I hope I sometimes manage to help others with similar problems.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb

Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Dale

Philip Webb wrote:
> Thanks again for the help : I'm now back in my 2007 machine
> & able to send e-mails. You actually have to remove the offensive file
> from the dir, not simply rename it to 'xx70xx...' !
> Between Intel & Udev, I'm feeling somewhat abused today,
> but Gentoo User mailing-list came thro' yet again :
> I hope I sometimes manage to help others with similar problems.

That's the same way files in /etc/portage/ works too. I do wish we
could put a # on the front to make it ignore files.

We can dream I guess.

Dale

:-) :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Old 04-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Philip Webb

120421 Dale wrote:
> Philip Webb wrote:
>> You actually have to remove the offensive file
>> from the dir, not simply rename it to 'xx70xx...' !
> That's the same way files in /etc/portage/ works too.
> I do wish we could put a # on the front to make it ignore files.
> We can dream I guess.

Yes & why did it start doing this only with the new mobo
-- was it provoked by seeing an unknown driver ?
And whyever did it want to rename the device to 'eth1' ??

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb