Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 AM
林守磊

Default initramfs with lvm

I get problom with my initramfs.:

1. I used to boot my kernel with genkernel-initramfs, but I must genarate the initramfs again by genkernel. when I change the kernel vernsion.
2. I have the '/' partition created with lvm, when I use genkernel to make the kernel and initramfs( with option --lvm ), the error "block device /dev/mapper/vg-gentoo_root is not a valid root device" show up. kernel version 3.2.2

3. I try to emerge dracut-018 to create my initramfs, but I use the USE DRACUT_MODULES="lvm", which try to emerge device-mapper and* conflict with lvm2. I am pullzed.

thx in advance.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:17 AM
Canek Peláez Valdés

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM, 林守磊 <linxiulei@gmail.com> wrote:
> I get problom with my initramfs.:

[ snip ]
> 3. I try to emerge dracut-018 to create my initramfs, but I use the USE
> DRACUT_MODULES="lvm", which try to emerge device-mapper and* conflict with
> lvm2. I am pullzed.

You need LVM >= 2.02.33 for dracut 018. Which version do you have?
Also, do you have device-mapper enabled in /etc/make.conf?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingenier*a de la Computación

Old 04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
林守磊

yes. i already have lvm2 installed. The problom is dracut depend device mapper

在 2012-4-19 上午10:20,"Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@gmail.com>写道:

Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Canek Peláez Valdés

2012/4/19 林守磊 <linxiulei@gmail.com>:
> yes. i already have lvm2 installed. The problom is dracut depend device
> mapper

Which version of LVM2? Do you have device-mapper on USE in /etc/make.conf?

Regards.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:24 PM
林守磊

I miss the USE device-mapper, that is my fault. now I install the dracut completely.

Thank you!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 04/19/2012 03:56 AM, 林守磊 wrote:
> I get problom with my initramfs.:
>
> 1. I used to boot my kernel with genkernel-initramfs, but I must
> genarate the initramfs again by genkernel. when I change the kernel
> vernsion.
> 2. I have the '/' partition created with lvm, when I use genkernel to
> make the kernel and initramfs( with option --lvm ), the error "block
> device /dev/mapper/vg-gentoo_root is not a valid root device" show up.
> kernel version 3.2.2

Do you have "dolvm" in the kernel boot options? That's needed.

Best,

Sebastian

Old 04-21-2012, 01:18 PM
林守磊