Old 04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
"Igor Mikushkin"

Default Fetch Restriction: 1 package (1 unsatisfied)

Hello!

I have a problem.
emerge -av eclipse-sdk
failed with this:

[ebuild NSF ] dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2.17 USE="X alsa -doc -examples
-jce -nsplugin -odbc" 35,525 kB

Why the fetch is restricted?
And how to avoid this?

Thanks.
Best Regards.
Igor Mikushkin

Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Justin

Igor Mikushkin schrieb:

Hello!

I have a problem.
emerge -av eclipse-sdk
failed with this:

[ebuild NSF ] dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2.17 USE="X alsa -doc -examples
-jce -nsplugin -odbc" 35,525 kB

Why the fetch is restricted?
And how to avoid this?

Fetch it! Why it is fetch restricted? I don't know, but agree with you,
that it s...!

Thanks.
Best Regards.
Igor Mikushkin

Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Daniel Pielmeier

Igor Mikushkin schrieb:

Hello!

I have a problem.
emerge -av eclipse-sdk
failed with this:

[ebuild NSF ] dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2.17 USE="X alsa -doc -examples
-jce -nsplugin -odbc" 35,525 kB

Why the fetch is restricted?
And how to avoid this?

You can not avoid this, however it should give you an URL with
instructions which file you have to download. Then store it in the
location where the distfiles reside. I think normally this is
/usr/portage/distfiles.

Regards,

Daniel

Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Florian Philipp

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 20:09 +0200, Justin wrote:
> Igor Mikushkin schrieb:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a problem.
> > emerge -av eclipse-sdk
> > failed with this:
> >
> > [ebuild NSF ] dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2.17 USE="X alsa -doc -examples
> > -jce -nsplugin -odbc" 35,525 kB
> >
> > Why the fetch is restricted?
> > And how to avoid this?
> >
> Fetch it! Why it is fetch restricted? I don't know, but agree with you,
> that it s...!
> > Thanks.
> > Best Regards.
> > Igor Mikushkin

I wonder if this is a bug in the ebuild. sun-jdk used to be
fetch-restricted but it isn't anymore (at least the new versions). If
anyone knows if this change applies for the 1.4-branch too, please file
a bug.