-   -   It comes problem when emerge fcitx (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/657221-comes-problem-when-emerge-fcitx.html)

赵佳晖 04-18-2012 02:00 PM

It comes problem when emerge fcitx

Hello everyone, i just want to install the fcitx in gentoo , but when i emerge fcitx , it comes the problem, the message are bleow:** IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
** Use eselect news to read news items.

Calculating dependencies... done![ebuild *N * *~] app-i18n/fcitx-4.2.1 *USE="cairo dbus gtk pango -debug -gtk3 -opencc -qt -table" 557 kB

Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 557 kB
The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:#required by fcitx (argument)=app-i18n/fcitx-4.2.1 ~x86

Use --autounmask-write to write changes to config files (honoring CONFIG_PROTECT).
** IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.** Use eselect news to read news items.

How did this happen? i have tried to use --autounmask-write , but it didn't work, Can anyone help me ?--
好好**,天天向上!!!

Dale 04-18-2012 02:23 PM

赵佳晖 wrote:
> Hello everyone, i just want to install the fcitx in gentoo , but when i
> emerge fcitx , it comes the problem, the message are bleow:
>
> * IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
> * Use eselect news to read news items.

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild N ~] app-i18n/fcitx-4.2.1 USE="cairo dbus gtk pango -debug
> -gtk3 -opencc -qt -table" 557 kB
>
> Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 557 kB
>
> The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
> #required by fcitx (argument)
> =app-i18n/fcitx-4.2.1 ~x86
>
> Use --autounmask-write to write changes to config files (honoring
> CONFIG_PROTECT).
>
> * IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
> * Use eselect news to read news items.
>
> How did this happen? i have tried to use --autounmask-write , but it
> didn't work, Can anyone help me ?
> --
> 好好**,天天向上!!!

When you ran it with autounmask-write, did you update the config files?
It looks to me like fcitx is keyworded.

Dale

:-) :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output? Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"

Yohan Pereira 04-18-2012 02:27 PM

It comes problem when emerge fcitx

Hi,
Did you run etc-update after that ?
--
- Yohan Pereira

walt 04-18-2012 08:03 PM

On 04/18/2012 07:00 AM, 赵佳晖 wrote:
> Hello everyone, i just want to install the fcitx in gentoo , but when i emerge fcitx , it comes the problem, the message are bleow:
>
> * IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
> * Use eselect news to read news items.

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild N ~] app-i18n/fcitx-4.2.1 USE="cairo dbus gtk pango -debug -gtk3 -opencc -qt -table" 557 kB
>
> Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 557 kB
>
> The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
> #required by fcitx (argument)
=app-i18n/fcitx-4.2.1 ~x86 <----- This is error message

Portage is telling you to change the KEYWORD for the fcitx package before it
will agree to proceed with the installation. This is very confusing and
easy to miss, unfortunately.

The reason for KEYWORD change is this:

#grep KEY /usr/portage/app-i18n/fcitx/*
/usr/portage/app-i18n/fcitx/fcitx-3.6.3.ebuild:KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~ppc ~x86"
/usr/portage/app-i18n/fcitx/fcitx-3.6.4.ebuild:KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~ppc ~x86"
/usr/portage/app-i18n/fcitx/fcitx-4.0.0.ebuild:KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~ppc ~x86"
/usr/portage/app-i18n/fcitx/fcitx-4.0.1.ebuild:KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~ppc ~x86"
/usr/portage/app-i18n/fcitx/fcitx-4.2.0-r2.ebuild:KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
/usr/portage/app-i18n/fcitx/fcitx-4.2.1.ebuild:KEYWORDS="amd64 ~x86"

You can see from the above that there is no stable (x86) package for fcitx, so
if you want to install it you must add it to /etc/portage/package.keywords
like this:

#cat /etc/portage/package.keywords
app-i18n/xcitx ~x86 <---------
app-office/libreoffice -~amd64
dev-libs/icu -~amd64

The minus sign in front of ~amd64 means that I want the stable (amd64) version
of libreoffice and icu, not the unstable (~amd64) version. You want the opposite,
so don't add the minus sign for xcitx :)

"Michael Scherer" 04-18-2012 08:09 PM

It comes problem when emerge fcitx

the message says
=app-i18n/fcitx-4.2.1 ~x86
which means that the package is masked for x86
if you really need to install it, unmasking the
package should work

michael

--
Michael Scherer