Old 04-18-2012, 06:13 AM
林守磊

Default Networkmanager is started when start a service !

I installed wicd and Networkmanger(with gnome3). I get a problem that when I start a service ,such as sshd, openvpn, it depend on net, which will case the Networkmanager started.

thx for any help.
regards!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:13:00 +0800, 林守磊 wrote:

> I installed wicd and Networkmanger(with gnome3). I get a problem that
> when I start a service ,such as sshd, openvpn, it depend on net, which
> will case the Networkmanager started.

The Wicd init script does not provide the net service, I assume the NM
one does. If that is the case, the long term solution is to file a bug
report to get this fixed. The short term workround would be to add

rc_wicd_provide="net"

to /etc/rc.conf.

--
Neil Bothwick

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 AM
林守磊

thanks for your help.