-   -   Networkmanager is started when start a service ! (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/657119-networkmanager-started-when-start-service.html)

林守磊 04-18-2012 06:13 AM

Networkmanager is started when start a service !

I installed wicd and Networkmanger(with gnome3). I get a problem that when I start a service ,such as sshd, openvpn, it depend on net, which will case the Networkmanager started.

thx for any help.
regards!

Neil Bothwick 04-18-2012 09:24 AM

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:13:00 +0800, 林守磊 wrote:

> I installed wicd and Networkmanger(with gnome3). I get a problem that
> when I start a service ,such as sshd, openvpn, it depend on net, which
> will case the Networkmanager started.

The Wicd init script does not provide the net service, I assume the NM
one does. If that is the case, the long term solution is to file a bug
report to get this fixed. The short term workround would be to add

rc_wicd_provide="net"

to /etc/rc.conf.

--
Neil Bothwick

All generalizations are false, including this one.

林守磊 04-19-2012 01:42 AM

Networkmanager is started when start a service !

thanks for your help.