Old 04-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Doug Hunley

Default dev-libs/ppl-0.12 breaks gcc?

I'm currently running ~amd64 and when I ran a world update,
dev-libs/ppl-0.12 was pulled down, compiled and installed. At that
point, gcc stops compiling. It doesn't matter what I try to compile,
whether it's the dev-libs/cloog-ppl rebuild that dev-libs/ppl-0.12.
says to do, a recompile of gcc, or anything else. They all die with
with 'internal compiler error'. I end up having to 'emerge -k gcc' and
then masking dev-libs/ppl-0.12 to get back to a working compiler
chain.

Am I the only one facing this? How did you guys get through the mud here?

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@gmail.com)
Twitter: @hunleyd * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Web:

Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Michael Mol

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Doug Hunley <doug.hunley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently running ~amd64 and when I ran a world update,
> dev-libs/ppl-0.12 was pulled down, compiled and installed. At that
> point, gcc stops compiling. It doesn't matter what I try to compile,
> whether it's the dev-libs/cloog-ppl rebuild that dev-libs/ppl-0.12.
> says to do, a recompile of gcc, or anything else. They all die with
> with 'internal compiler error'. I end up having to 'emerge -k gcc' and
> then masking dev-libs/ppl-0.12 to get back to a working compiler
> chain.
>
> Am I the only one facing this? How did you guys get through the mud here?

Are you using ccache?

--
:wq