Old 04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Grant

Default IMAP authentication not secure?

I've been using claws-mail with my IMAP server. I'm giving
thunderbird a try but it won't work if I have "Use secure
authentication" checked under "Server Settings". I thought I had
configured the server to use secure authentication only. Here is some
of my /etc/postfix/main.cf:

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl2_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
permit_sasl_authenticated,
permit_mynetworks,
check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10030
reject_unauth_destination,
permit

message_size_limit = 20480000

smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/postfix/server.key
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/postfix/server.crt
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/postfix/server.pem
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom

- Grant

Old 04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 07 April 2008, Grant wrote:
> I've been using claws-mail with my IMAP server. I'm giving
> thunderbird a try but it won't work if I have "Use secure
> authentication" checked under "Server Settings". I thought I had
> configured the server to use secure authentication only. Here is
> some of my /etc/postfix/main.cf:

That's the *mail*server* config

You need to supply the *imap*server* config

:-)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com