Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 AM
walt

Default USB sticks now mounting on /run/media instead of /media ?

Maybe I overlooked some gentoo emerge warning? A recent update
(udev?) on my ~amd64 machines is now mounting removable drives
on /run/media instead of /media.

Perhaps motivated by the recent lvm2 error messages during boot?
Anyone know for sure?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Benny Gaechter

I have got an ~amd64 machine, too. My USB Stick still mounts in /media.
Probably you changed some configuration?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Claudio Roberto França Pereira

How do you mount them automatically? Isn't there a middle-man software
that mounts removable drives? I'm pretty sure I never had a drive
automount without kde or gnome managing them.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 PM
walt

On 04/18/2012 10:04 AM, Claudio Roberto França Pereira wrote:
> How do you mount them automatically? Isn't there a middle-man software
> that mounts removable drives? I'm pretty sure I never had a drive
> automount without kde or gnome managing them.

I forgot to check on this because I was distracted by other problems

Yes, I think it must be a gnome thing because the USB sticks are
mounted only when I startx, not earlier. I'll grep through some
stuff and try to find where it comes from.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
"Michael Scherer"

a possibility could be to get the label or UUID of the device.
blkid will give you a list to find out.
you could then enter the device in fstab with either LABEL=<label> or
UUID=<uuid>, bypassing the need to use /dev/something, which for USB-disks
might change from one system start to the next

hope I understood your problem correctly

michael

--
Michael Scherer
Univ.klinik f. Psychiatrie