-   -   Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/655639-problems-ath9k-cant-authenticate.html)

Robert David 04-13-2012 01:43 PM

Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate

Hi,

Check in wicd settings which routing tool you use. Select "route" when
using "ip". I got some problems with wicd and "ip".

I just using similar ath9k card on 3.0.x with no problem. I always use
wifi as module. And I don't use genkernel, just my plain config and
easy initrd for lvm root support and fbsplash.

Robert.

V Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:44:25 -0300
Claudio Roberto França Pereira <spideybr@gmail.com> napsáno:

Claudio Roberto França Pereira 04-13-2012 08:42 PM

Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:43, Robert David
<robert.david.public@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Check in wicd settings which routing tool you use. Select "route" when
> using "ip". I got some problems with wicd and "ip".
>
> I just using similar ath9k card on 3.0.x with no problem. I always use
> wifi as module. And I don't use genkernel, just my plain config and
> easy initrd for lvm root support and fbsplash.

I'll check this when I get home. Thank you for the feedback.

Zhu Sha Zang 04-14-2012 02:11 AM

Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:43, Robert David
Check in wicd settings which routing tool you use. Select "route" when
using "ip". I got some problems with wicd and "ip".

I just using similar ath9k card on 3.0.x with no problem. I always use
wifi as module. And I don't use genkernel, just my plain config and
easy initrd for lvm root support and fbsplash.

I'll check this when I get home. Thank you for the feedback.

Robert.

I'm not using wicd, only two configuration file:

first:

[root@asgard ~]$ cat
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf******************************* ************************************************** ********************************************
16:31

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1

ap_scan=1

fast_reauth=1

network={

* ssid="KOJIRO"

* proto=RSN

* key_mgmt=WPA-PSK

* pairwise=CCMP TKIP

* group=CCMP TKIP

* psk="*******"

}

and second:

[root@asgard ~]$ cat /etc/conf.d/net

modules="wpa_supplicant"

#HOME

config_wlan0="10.10.10.21 netmask 255.255.255.0"

routes_wlan0="default via 10.10.10.1"

dns_servers_wlan0="mydns1 mydns2"

In this configuration:

Linux asgard 3.3.0-gentoo-asgard #4 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr
13 12:59:38 BRT 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Working!!!

But a warning, have some bug in kernel-3.3.1 that the same
configuration don't work:

take a look in this post too:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-919090-highlight-wireless.html

Best Regards

Willie WY Wong 04-16-2012 02:23 PM

Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 09:44:25AM -0300, Penguin Lover Claudio Roberto França Pereira squawked:
> Anyway, does anyone with a similar setup had any problems with atheros
> nics? And how did you solve it?

Does your problem happen with WEP or WPA networks?

There is a known bug introduced in the 3.2 kernels that breaks ath9k
for WEP networks (though WPA and WPA2 are not effected). The patch I
thought had been merged into the 3.3 series, though I am not sure when
(which minor version) it went in.

(I have been putting off a kernel upgrade because of this.)

et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton

Claudio Roberto França Pereira 04-16-2012 04:57 PM

Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate

I'm using WPA2 but tried even with no authentication, without luck.
The authentication always times out. I'll try your configurations Zhu.
I've tried wpa_supplicant before with similar configurations, without
luck. I'll look at this carefully.

Thank you for all your feedback. I'll come back today later with results.