Old 04-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Kerwin Hui

Default strange emerge sync output order

Hi all,

I have the following cron script on stable hardened amd64:

#!/bin/bash
# /etc/cron.daily/syncportage.sh script
emerge --sync 2>&1
# end /etc/cron.daily/syncportage.sh script

together with the following setting in root's fcrontab (almost exactly
like vixie-cron's crontab):

#begin crontab
# Global variables
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/
# check scripts in cron.hourly, cron.daily, cron.weekly and cron.monthly
59 * * * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.hourly
9 3 * * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily
19 4 * * 6 root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.weekly
29 5 1 * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.monthly
*/10 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons
#end fcrontab

The resulting fcron mail has the strange structure:

* Welcome message from (mirror)
* receiving incremental file list
* timestamp.chk
* rsync statistics (Number of files, ... , speedup)
* Welcome message from (mirror)
* receiving incremental file list
* deleting .ebuild.x; a list of files transferred
* rsync statistics
* q: Updating ebuild cache ...
* q: Finished (number) entries in (time) seconds
* >>> Starting rsync with (mirror)
* >>> Checking server timestamp ...

Am I doing something wrong? I'd expect the ">>> Starting rsyncing with
(mirror)" and ">>> Checking server timestamp" to be at the
beginning(ish) rather than the end.

Thanks.

Kerwin