Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Claudio Roberto França Pereira

Default Problems with ath9k: can't authenticate

Hi guys. I'm having problems with my wireless nic, on a notebook. The
card is an ath9k 802.11n wireless adapter. The driver is loaded,
wpa_supplicant and wicd get to recognize them, I can see the
association working correctly, but I can't get the card to
authenticate, it ALWAYS times out. I tried looking at the kernel
documentation for the ath9k driver, but without success. I'll look for
it using the work internet.

Anyway, does anyone with a similar setup had any problems with atheros
nics? And how did you solve it?

Thinking further, I had to enable wireless extensions (wext) to make
wicd handle ath9k. Should I disable it and stick to wpa_supplicant?
Also, I'm using a non-modular kernel, compiling everything in it.
Yesterday I left the notebook making a new modular kernel, with sound
and wireless drivers modular. I'm almost going all the way to
genkernel. Any clues?

I'm running ~amd64, kernel 3.3.0. 3.1.X worked somewhat ok, but I
can't shake the feeling that under Windows this laptop of mine would
work flawlessly. I'm not whining, just wanna find a comparable
configuration, and solve my usability issues.

Thanks

--
Claudio Roberto França Pereira