FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Alexander Y Tiurin
 
Default Openvz Vserver

Silvio Siefke wrote:

Hello,

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:58:15 +0200
Florian Philipp<lists@binarywings.net> wrote:


This is my /etc/conf.d/net (of course you have to adapt subnets):

modules="iproute2"
modules="!ifconfig"

config_venet0="83.169.5.6/32 broadcast 0.0.0.0"
routes_venet0="191.255.255.1/32 scope link
default via 191.255.255.1"

dns_domain_lo="binarywings.net"
dns_domain_venet0="binarywings.net"
dns_servers="8.8.8.8"

I have it now try with install Gentoo again, and it want not run. Ok
the system started i think, because logs filled.

Here is the rc.log
rc boot logging started at Wed Apr 11 21:19:02 2012
* Configuring kernel parameters ...
[ ok ]
* Creating user login records ...
[ ok ]
* Cleaning /var/run ...
[ ok ]
* Wiping /tmp directory ...
[ ok ]
* Setting hostname to h2025095 ...
[ ok ]
* Updating /etc/mtab ...
[ ok ]
* Bringing up interface lo
* Caching network module dependencies
* 127.0.0.1/8 ...
[ ok ]
* Adding routes
* 127.0.0.0/8 via 127.0.0.1 ...
[ ok ]
* Mounting /dev ...
mount: Operation not supported
[ !! ]
* ERROR: udev-mount failed to start
* ERROR: cannot start udev as udev-mount would not start

rc boot logging stopped at Wed Apr 11 21:19:02 2012
rc default logging started at Wed Apr 11 21:19:02 2012
* Bringing up interface venet0
* 85.214.127.155/32 ...
Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "85.214.127.155/32/24".
[ !! ]
* ERROR: net.venet0 failed to start
* ERROR: cannot start netmount as net.venet0 would not start
* Starting syslog-ng ...
[ ok ]
* ERROR: cannot start sshd as net.venet0 would not start
* Starting vixie-cron ...
[ ok ]
* Starting local
[ ok ]
* Mounting /dev ...
mount: Operation not supported
[ !! ]
* ERROR: udev-mount failed to start
* ERROR: cannot start udev as udev-mount would not start
rc default logging stopped at Wed Apr 11 21:19:03 2012
rc shutdown logging started at Wed Apr 11 21:45:30 2012
* Stopping local
[ ok ]
* Stopping vixie-cron ...
[ ok ]
* Stopping syslog-ng ...
[ ok ]
* Bringing down interface lo
rc shutdown logging stopped at Wed Apr 11 21:45:31 2012


Here is the /etc/conf.d/net
config_venet0="85.214.127.155/32 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 0.0.0.0"
routes_venet0="127.0.0.0/8 scope link
default via 127.0.0.0/8"
dns_servers_venet0="81.169.163.106 85.214.7.22"
dns_domain_venet0="stratoserver.net"
nis_domain_venet0="stratoserver.net"

I make so, because the ip route give 127.0.0.0.


Has someone idea what is wrong?


Regards
Silvio






Hello
Are you added rc_sys="openvz" to /etc/rc.conf ?
 
Old 04-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Mick
 
Default Openvz Vserver

On 11 April 2012 20:57, Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 19:58:15 +0200
> Florian Philipp <lists@binarywings.net> wrote:
>
>> This is my /etc/conf.d/net (of course you have to adapt subnets):
>>
>> modules="iproute2"
>> modules="!ifconfig"
>>
>> config_venet0="83.169.5.6/32 broadcast 0.0.0.0"
>> routes_venet0="191.255.255.1/32 scope link
>> default via 191.255.255.1"
>>
>> dns_domain_lo="binarywings.net"
>> dns_domain_venet0="binarywings.net"
>> dns_servers="8.8.8.8"
>
> I have it now try with install Gentoo again, and it want not run. Ok
> the system started i think, because logs filled.
>
> Here is the rc.log
> rc boot logging started at Wed Apr 11 21:19:02 2012
> ** Configuring kernel parameters ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** Creating user login records ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** Cleaning /var/run ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** Wiping /tmp directory ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** Setting hostname to h2025095 ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** Updating /etc/mtab ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** Bringing up interface lo
> ** * Caching network module dependencies
> ** * 127.0.0.1/8 ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** * Adding routes
> ** * * 127.0.0.0/8 via 127.0.0.1 ...
> *[ ok ]
> ** Mounting /dev ...
> mount: Operation not supported
> *[ !! ]
> ** ERROR: udev-mount failed to start
> ** ERROR: cannot start udev as udev-mount would not start
>
> rc boot logging stopped at Wed Apr 11 21:19:02 2012
> rc default logging started at Wed Apr 11 21:19:02 2012
> ** Bringing up interface venet0
> ** * 85.214.127.155/32 ...
> Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "85.214.127.155/32/24".
> *[ !! ]
> ** ERROR: net.venet0 failed to start

This is telling you that you have not specified your network address correctly.


> Here is the /etc/conf.d/net
> config_venet0="85.214.127.155/32 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 0.0.0.0"

Can you see the error here? You specify the IP subnet twice ...

Either use 85.214.127.155/32 or

85.214.127.155 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 0.0.0.0

> routes_venet0="127.0.0.0/8 scope link
> default via 127.0.0.0/8"
> dns_servers_venet0="81.169.163.106 85.214.7.22"
> dns_domain_venet0="stratoserver.net"
> nis_domain_venet0="stratoserver.net"

--
Regards,
Mick
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org