Old 04-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Samuraiii

Default Wifi autodisable on lan

Hello,

I'm trying to autodisable wifi when lan cable is plugged in.

I "found" rfkill ebuild which look like something I need but I'm
clueless where to get state* of the ethernet card.

Is there someone who can help me slove this?

Thank you for help in advance

S.

--

Samuraiii

e-mail: samuraiii@volny.cz

GnuPG key ID: 0x80C752EA
(obtainable on http://pgp.mit.edu)

Full copy
of public timestamp block
signatures id-14492 (from 2012-04-06 21:00:09) is included in
header of html.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 00:48:09 +0200, Samuraiii wrote:

> I'm trying to autodisable wifi when lan cable is plugged in.
> I "found" rfkill ebuild which look like something I need but I'm
> clueless where to get state of the ethernet card.

You could do this with ifplugd, but the easiest way is with Wicd, which
can run actions on connection and disconnection of any interface.

--
Neil Bothwick

Justify my text? I'm sorry but it has no excuse.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Samuraiii

I've come across this

http://johanlouwers.blogspot.com/2011/03/linux-check-interface-status.html

But this isn't helping me:

right now I'm on wifi only but when I run ifconfig I get this for
eth0 (my lan card)

eth0***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:41:70:52:5c:59*

********* UP BROADCAST MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1

********* RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

********* TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

********* RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)* TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

********* Interrupt:46 Base address:0x2000

so that grep UP will return 1 even if cable isn't plugged in.

But i found ethtool which does what I need so thank you for your
help.

[...]

signatures id-14498 (from 2012-04-07 15:00:07) is included in
header of html.