Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Willie WY Wong

Default FFTOOLS flags?

Hi list:

emerge --pretend --update world today brought up a new version of
ffmpeg. This time it has a new set of configuration options FFTOOLS

[ebuild U ] media-video/ffmpeg-0.10.2 [0.10] FFTOOLS="-aviocat% -cws2fws% -ffeval% -graph2dot% -ismindex% -pktdumper% -qt-faststart% -trasher%"

Does anyone know what these guys are and/or if they are documented
anywhere?

Thanks,

Willie
et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton

Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Freitag, 6. April 2012, 12:15:05 schrieb Willie WY Wong:
> Hi list:
>
> emerge --pretend --update world today brought up a new version of
> ffmpeg. This time it has a new set of configuration options FFTOOLS
>
> [ebuild U ] media-video/ffmpeg-0.10.2 [0.10] FFTOOLS="-aviocat%
> -cws2fws% -ffeval% -graph2dot% -ismindex% -pktdumper% -qt-faststart%
> -trasher%"
>
> Does anyone know what these guys are and/or if they are documented
> anywhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Willie

euse -i
--
#163933

Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Willie WY Wong

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 12:58:18PM +0200, Penguin Lover Volker Armin Hemmann squawked:
> Am Freitag, 6. April 2012, 12:15:05 schrieb Willie WY Wong:
> > emerge --pretend --update world today brought up a new version of
> > ffmpeg. This time it has a new set of configuration options FFTOOLS
> >
> > [ebuild U ] media-video/ffmpeg-0.10.2 [0.10] FFTOOLS="-aviocat%
> > -cws2fws% -ffeval% -graph2dot% -ismindex% -pktdumper% -qt-faststart%
> > -trasher%"
> >
> > Does anyone know what these guys are and/or if they are documented
> > anywhere?
> >
> euse -i

~ $ euse -i aviocat
global use flags (searching: aviocat)
no matching entries found

local use flags (searching: aviocat)
no matching entries found

Note: FFTOOLS! not USE!

et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton

Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Freitag, 6. April 2012, 13:31:59 schrieb Willie WY Wong:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 12:58:18PM +0200, Penguin Lover Volker Armin Hemmann
squawked:
> > Am Freitag, 6. April 2012, 12:15:05 schrieb Willie WY Wong:
> > > emerge --pretend --update world today brought up a new version of
> > > ffmpeg. This time it has a new set of configuration options FFTOOLS
> > >
> > > [ebuild U ] media-video/ffmpeg-0.10.2 [0.10] FFTOOLS="-aviocat%
> > > -cws2fws% -ffeval% -graph2dot% -ismindex% -pktdumper% -qt-faststart%
> > > -trasher%"
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what these guys are and/or if they are documented
> > > anywhere?
> >
> > euse -i
>
> ~ $ euse -i aviocat
> global use flags (searching: aviocat)
> ************************************************** **********
> no matching entries found
>
> local use flags (searching: aviocat)
> ************************************************** **********
> no matching entries found
>

> Note: FFTOOLS! not USE!

euse -i qt-faststart

+ C ] qt-faststart
media-video/ffmpeg: Build and install qt-faststart application
[+ B] 0.7.8 [gentoo]
[+ B] 0.10 [gentoo]
0.10.2 [gentoo]
9999 [gentoo]

[+ C ] qt-faststart
media-video/libav: Build and install qt-faststart application.
[+ B] 0.6.5 [gentoo]
[+ B] 0.7.4 [gentoo]
[+ B] 0.7.9999 [gentoo]
[+ B] 0.8 [gentoo]
[+ B] 0.8.1 [gentoo]
[+ B] 0.8.9999 [gentoo]
9999 [gentoo]

--
#163933

Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Willie WY Wong

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 01:53:22PM +0200, Penguin Lover Volker Armin Hemmann squawked:

> > ~ $ euse -i aviocat
> > global use flags (searching: aviocat)
> > ************************************************** **********
> > no matching entries found
> >
> > local use flags (searching: aviocat)
> > ************************************************** **********
> > no matching entries found
> >
> euse -i qt-faststart
>
> + C ] qt-faststart
> media-video/ffmpeg: Build and install qt-faststart application
> [+ B] 0.7.8 [gentoo]
> [+ B] 0.10 [gentoo]
> 0.10.2 [gentoo]
> 9999 [gentoo]

You may notice that qt-faststart is the only one that shows. And if
you look at the euse output you'd see that that is because prior to
0.10.2 qt-faststart is an USE, now it gets relegated as an FFTOOLS,
along with the other FFTOOLS options that do _not_ have info in 'euse
-i'.

So my question still stands, does anyone know where there FFTOOLS
flags are documented?

et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton

Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Freitag, 6. April 2012, 14:23:18 schrieb Willie WY Wong:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 01:53:22PM +0200, Penguin Lover Volker Armin Hemmann
squawked:

> > > ~ $ euse -i aviocat
> > > global use flags (searching: aviocat)
> > > ************************************************** **********
> > > no matching entries found
> > >
> > > local use flags (searching: aviocat)
> > > ************************************************** **********
> > > no matching entries found
> >
> > euse -i qt-faststart
> >
> > + C ] qt-faststart
> >
> > media-video/ffmpeg: Build and install qt-faststart application
> >
> > [+ B] 0.7.8 [gentoo]
> > [+ B] 0.10 [gentoo]
> >
> > 0.10.2 [gentoo]
> > 9999 [gentoo]
>
> You may notice that qt-faststart is the only one that shows. And if
> you look at the euse output you'd see that that is because prior to
> 0.10.2 qt-faststart is an USE, now it gets relegated as an FFTOOLS,
> along with the other FFTOOLS options that do _not_ have info in 'euse
> -i'.
>
> So my question still stands, does anyone know where there FFTOOLS
> flags are documented?

some are - here :
http://wiki.multimedia.cx

and for others: there is always google...

#163933

Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Stroller

On 6 April 2012, at 13:42, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>> …
>> So my question still stands, does anyone know where there FFTOOLS
>> flags are documented?
>
> some are - here :
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx
>
> and for others: there is always google…

LOL. Because you'd be having a laugh if you were suggesting that the Gentoo-devs should properly document their USE flags.

I made a polite request for them to do so on the -dev list in 2004 (I'm pretty sure I did twice) - this is an area in which there has been no improvement in 8 freakin' years!

Stroller.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Willie WY Wong

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 12:15:05PM +0200, Penguin Lover Willie WY Wong squawked:
> Does anyone know what these guys are and/or if they are documented
> anywhere?

Ah, found it.

What I was looking for and more are in the /usr/portage/profiles/desc/
directory.

et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton